Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Proud Parents

This is Tillman's birth announcement!
(click on the photo to make it larger...not sure why all the white is there)

He was born 9.12.10, Grandparents Day and the reverse of his due date (21st) at 11pm.  He weighed 6 pounds, 3 ounces (really 2.9 ounces but the nurses rounded up in the chart). 

He was a c-section baby.  Due to the long labor and premature water breaking, I got a fever (sign of infection) the evening of 9.12, which caused Tillman to begin not to react well to the contractions (could tell by his heart rate going from 150 down to 70 bpm when the contraction released).   We made it to 7 centimeters from 2:45AM to 10:00 PM, so the c-section seemed to be inevitable given the circumstances. 

Tillman and I received antibiotics after deliver for 48 hours in case we had an infection.  Tillman was in the Level 2 nursery for the first 12 hours of life under observation.  That was hard for us, but I'm very thankful for my wonderful doctor, Dr. Villers, who wrote special orders for me at 3AM to get out of bed early (supposed to remain in bed for 6 hours after a c-section), so I could breastfeed Tillman in the nursery. 



4 comments:

Mary-Margaret said...

So adorable! I love that picture. It is so sweet! Even Mike asked how y'all got him to pose like that. :)

The Blanton's said...

OMG those are awesome!

Unknown said...

I was looking for the info on the photographer. Could you repost that or send it to my email address?
Uenvyme454@aol.com
Thanks!

Meredith said...

Misty-here is the website for the photographer. I took this down as I had some strange correspondences with the photographer, but she does good work. http://www.bumpmeetbaby.com/

Thanks for your comment and reading the blog.