Tuesday, August 30, 2011

How can it be?


8.28.11
Thursday is the 1st day of September.  I can't believe in 13 days Tillman will be a 1 year old. The party planning has begun, the date has been set, the theme has been chosen, etc. The closer the time comes the more mixed my emotions are about our baby turning 1.  Yes, it is exciting that he is growing up, but on the same note...HE'S GROWING UP!

It was reported yesterday that he took 5 steps at daycare, and he has a nice bruise on his forehead to prove his efforts of taking steps (he smacked the coffee table while showing off while Skyping with MiMi).

Speaking of reports from daycare, the teachers never just come out and say "oh mom, he took 5 steps today." They never give reports on milestones unless I specifically ask.  It makes me wonder if they are reluctant to tell me since they may be seeing a milestone for the first time (before mom and dad). If I say, "have you guys seen him takes some steps? He was taking steps this weekend." They will gladly speak up and say "oh yeah, he walked from the refrigerator to the jumperoo after his nap today."  If I wouldn't have said a thing, would they have told me?  I know that we won't be there for everything, but I'd at least like a full (uncensored) report.

Ok...so I wouldn't be a MOM if I didn't say, I hate to miss those milestones/be there first hand with the video camera capturing everything the moment it first happens, but at the same time I'd also would hate to live in a tent, so I guess our situation won't change, and mommy and daddy will continue to work! As my maternal Grandfather used to say "children have their work to do too," and Tillman's job is to give those daycare ladies a run for their money!  After all, I'm sure by the time he hits first grade he will have a well boost immune system (we're currently on ear infection #3) and (hopefully) won't be that kid in the carpool line screaming since he's never been away from mommy/daddy. 

When Tillman goes into daycare, he knows the routine, and goes with open arms to his teachers.  In September, he will be moving to a new class, so interesting times to come with a new set of teachers and going from the oldest kiddo in the room to the youngest.

September will be a big month for sure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am all for working moms, most of my friends are. But as a stay at home mom of an 18 month old I have to say that my child has not had any problems "screaming when he's away from mommy and daddy", in fact it is the opposite. He is very secure in the fact that his parents are around and has no problem being dropped off at the gym daycare, babysitters or Grandma and Grandpa's house. I have alwasy enjoyed your blog, that's just my 2 cents...

Meredith said...

Anonymous, thanks for reading my blog and your comment. That part of a sentence wasn't meant to offend or be directed towards stay-at-home parents. It is only to state what I hope we are doing for/decision we make for Tillman are the best to prepare him in life.