Friday, October 7, 2011

Injury Report

Apparently medicated chest rub on a "goose egg" causes
the swelling to go down along with witch hazel...who knew?
I grew up around sayings...I think it is a Southern thing because Nick isn't used to all the sayings that come out of my mouth.  One saying my mother would always says is "hard heads make soft behinds."  We'll Tillman certainly has a hard head, and so we found out on 9-28-11.  The injury report doesn't tell the whole story.
As soon as I arrive at daycare, the director said, you'll have to forgive me, but I forgot to call you.  I'm thinking "ok....uhhh....for what?" She further said that Tillman broke a glass door today when he couldn't catch himself from a fall.  WHAT?  He broke a door? She further tells me that the glass repairman couldn't believe that a baby broke the door.  He said Tillman must have hit it just right.  In the back of my mind, I'm thinking "you called the repairman, but forgot to call me....??"
Of course he was fine, he had three nice size bruises on his forehead where he went head first into the door.  Fortunately, it was safety glass, so no cuts.
I guess Tillman has redefined the saying to "hard head make (for) broken glass!"

1 comment:

Julie H. said...

Oh.my.gosh. What a story!! haha I love the "you called a repairman, but not me?!" haha Hugs for Tillman and his bruises!