Friday, December 16, 2011

15 months 12.12.11

Thanksgiving 2011-preThanksgiving meal
Keeping this blog has heightened my awareness of Tillman's age...in months, of course.  I don't think the 12th of the month can go by for years to come with out thinking "It's Tillman's birthday today!" Well, Tillman turned 15 months on Monday!  He has a 15 month check up at the doctor later this month, so more to come on his stats.

Tillman continues to recover from tubes.  He has had tons of drainage, so the tubes are doing their job.  We actually go for a follow up appointment with Dr. White on Monday and a hearing test.  We continue to put drops in his ears morning and before bed to help the drainage.
Tillman isn't in to the "mommy and me" pic
at the Charleston City Christmas parade
On other health related news, Tillman hasn't been to the doctor in December!  This has been huge for us.  We're excited that he has been well!  He did manage to bypass the stomach virus Nick and I got last weekend, which was a miracle.  I'm so glad because taking care of ourselves was more than enough!

Drinking water and eating Goldfish to get
through the parade a happy boy!
With the holiday's in full swing, we did Christmas with my family last weekend.  Tillman got a tunnel from his cousins.  We have been crawling through it, and Tillman is a hoot when we play.  He gets so tickled when he's being "chased" as he crawls through the tunnel.  He just loves it.  They have them at the daycare, and I picked him up one day when they were playing with it.  He pretty much looked at me, and was like "Mom, I'm not ready to go home." I watched them play for a long time.  He was giggling and squealing...he simply loved it!  After that day, I added it to his Christmas list, and boy, am I'm glad I did!

Notice the tree is only decorated up top
With the holiday's has come some holiday parties.  We actually had our first babysitter experience last weekend at the house.  His daycare teacher lives near us, and she kept him on Saturday night.  It worked out perfectly.  We had to explain more about Graham than Tillman.  It made me feel very comfortable, as we knew he was in good hands.  Also this month, Tillman did his first sleep over as well.  My brother's family kept him for a night while Nick and I when to the College of Charleston basketball game and had "date night." I think Tillman thought it was a slumber party, as he woke up at 1AM and they didn't go back to bed until 3AM.  He took a long nap the next day!
Tillman's Elf on a Shelf!
Besides "terrorizing" Graham and the Christmas tree, Tiny T has been very interested in books lately.  He doesn't sit very long for you to read to him, but he loves to flip the pages, tote them around the house, and occasionally throw them!  Nick has been reading the books while Tillman plays.  I'm hoping he will enjoy reading as much as his daddy does, so we're excited to see he will at least touch a book (more than what I'll do!).

At 15 months, I will say that Tillman is very set in his ways.  Two things that have came about this month have been breaking him from the bottle and trying to put him to sleep without a sleep sack.  Neither of these things went over very well.  Tillman will ONLY drink milk from a bottle (drinks all other things in a sippy cup...we've tried all types of sippy cups...daycare has too), and will ONLY go to bed at night in a sleep sack.  The other night, he woke up at 1AM, and he had spit-up and had a bad diaper, so we changed him, the sheets, and all.  We gave him some milk to calm him and that normally puts him to sleep.  Well, since we didn't have a sleep sack on him, he stood up in his crib and cried for 30 mins.  I couldn't take it any more.  I got a sleep sack out the dirty clothes and put it on him.  He rolled over and went straight to sleep!  After all those shenanigans, I was thinking, dang--if I would have only done that to start with!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I am so glad he has had good news with his health! Harper is into everything and we had to put the Christmas tree in our office to keep him away from it. He likes to the ornaments and throw them across the room.