Friday, June 15, 2012

29 Week Appointment

Miss Caroline has a 130 bpm heart rate when Dr. Villers checked in on her yesterday.  Dr. Villers said that everything is normal, but she will do a growth scan/ultrasound in the 3rd trimester just to make sure of her size.  If she is a big baby, then I'll have to be schedule for a C-section.  If not, the plan is to do a VBAC.  Dr. Villers said a successful VBAC given my previous reasons for C-section is 75-80%.

I also asked Dr. Villers about some lower belly pain that I've been having.  She said it was normal. It is likely scare tissue from the previous C-section.  The other things on my list to ask about was feeling out of breath and going to the potty...all the time.  Dr. Villers said it is all due to Sweet Caroline.  She is likely sitting on my bladder and she is growing, so I just have less room to breathe.

At the end of the visit, I had to get a RhoGAM shot due to my blood type being negative (Rh-).  This will prevent my body from rejecting the pregnancy if Miss Caroline has a positive (Rh+) blood type like her daddy.

No comments: