Wednesday, June 13, 2012

29 Weeks


Week 29, the week before the 30's count down.  Thinking about it gets me a little anxious since Tillman came early, and surprised us all.  I hope Sweet Caroline will hang out until her due date.  Our next few weeks will consist of cleaning out the house to make room for Caroline, getting out all the "baby things," and getting as much sleep as possible before she arrives!

I have also had to "clean out."  Maternity clothes that is...all the smalls are now not fitting, so I had to say good bye to those, and we're on to bigger and better (maybe) things!

Speaking of cleaning out for Caroline, I've put a few things on Craigslist.  Yesterday, I thought I sold a sink that was left over from our home renovation.  Got it out of the storage house, cleaned it, and toted it to the front door for pick up.  Did I mention that it is a ceramic/fireclay sink? Too heavy for Mrs Pregnant in the Lowcountry to be carrying, but I did anyway.  I feel like I have pulled a muscle in my torso.  As if those muscles aren't stretched enough at this point, I'm sure it is over extended at this point!  I can't be doing that again because I was out a breath for two hours after that.  We went on a walk, and I was having t catch my breath to carry a conversation.  Did I mention the guy didn't even show up to get the darn sink....ugh!

Shameless Plug: Help us clean out for Caroline; shop our Craigslist postings and search 5586.

I also purchased her mattress and her chandelier came in this week.  This will make the room a little more girly and will go well with her furniture.  We hope her furniture will arrive within the next two weeks.



How big is baby at 29 weeks?
Baby will be weighing in at around 2.54 pounds (1.153kg) and measuring 15.2 inches (38.6cm).
How is baby developing and growing
Baby's lungs will be developed enough that he/she would be able to breath air. Baby's brain is now developed enough that it can control rhythmic breathing, and so if baby were to be born now, then he/she would be able to breathe on his/her own. In fact - with each passing day baby's chances of surviving outside of the womb increase dramatically.
Should be noticing a vast change now in your pregnancy week by week as baby will be growing bigger and bigger quite quickly now. Because weight gain is so rapid now, babies that are born prematurely, even if only a few weeks, may be tiny and a lot smaller than babies which go to the full term of your pregnancy.
Here are a couple of interesting factors about birth weight:
  • Boys weigh more than girls
  • Birth weight increases with the increasing number of pregnancies you have.
As baby's brain and senses develop she will become more and more sensitive to light and dark, sound, taste and even baby's skin is becoming sensitive. By the end of this week baby's eyes will even be capable of moving inside their sockets. Baby will be practicing seeing.




No comments: