Friday, December 17, 2010

Keepin' Up With The Baby Jones'

My competitive side needs to tell you this picture
was taken after he had been in the seat for a while.
He can and does hold his head up straight.
PS Check out his fun "shoe" socks
I'll be the first to admit I am competitive.  I guess that come from being the baby of the family.  My older brother and sister always did things before I did, and I was always trying to keep up.  Personally, I feel that most "youngest child" folk tend to have a competitive nature. 

With that being said, I tend to closely watch other babies that are Tillman's age or ask parents of older children what their child was doing at 3 months.  I know that every child develops at different rates, but like everyone, I don't want Tillman to be last. 

So, the other day I saw that a child close to Tillman's age was in a Bumba Seat (we actually have the bebePOD).  As soon as I saw that picture, I said to myself "when I get home, he is going in that seat!"  He did well with it, and it really works him out.  He had to take so much energy to stay up right in the seat that he ended up wearing himself out!  He feel asleep slumped over after about 30 minutes in the seat. 

Tillman was sleeping when I took
this photo, but woke to the flash!
I have been putting him in it every chance I get! 

Although, my competitive side pushed me to put him in the seat (I actually was going to pull it out after Christmas), I am glad because he was ready for it!  He had already been lifting his head up to look around when in the bouncy seat and swing, so I knew his neck was getting close to handling sitting up!

Tillman's more concerned about the camera
towering over him than the fun toy!
If you are looking at the background in these photos, yes, he is in the bathroom!  He hangs out in his seat while I get a bath and then I bathe him right after I get out.  Maybe that is TMI, but hey, it's my blog and I can say what I want! :-)

4 comments:

Kegan said...

Mere he is right on schedule. Lance sits in his seat also. I am bringing mine on Christmas. I do not have the tray to go with mine though. I will have to get one. Looks like he enjoys it very much. They grow up way to fast....

Matt and Erin said...

Awesome!! We don't have a bumbo or the bebepod so we can't try it out yet, but I think Ashleigh might be getting pretty close to sitting up in something like that. Way to go, Tillman!! :) He's getting so big!

Meredith said...

This seat is great! We place him on the table when we eat dinner. He enjoys being right up there with us! He doesn't too much care about the toy, but I think this will be a great traveling "high chair."

Allison said...

I miss you so much!! He is the most adorable baby! I can see both you and Nick in that cute face haha. Hope you're all doing well!