Monday, May 23, 2011

"Get Ready Mom!"


With the Indy 500 right around the corner, I look at Tillman rocking back and forth on his knees, and I think "(ladies and) gentlemen start your engines."  It certainly won't be long until he is off on his own race. 

Tillman has his mind on other things when he gets into crawl position.  He is usually trying to grab something or trying to reach for something to pull up on.  I don't think he realizes this is how he can get around.  As soon as he wants to get somewhere, he drops to the ground and starts rolling or gets on his side to start "inch worm(ing)."

This rug is the only place I've seen him get in the (kind of) crawl position. He has his other leg out for balance and for (just in case) he finds something to pull up on.  Like this weekend.  I was unloading the dishwasher, which is right by this rug.  He was in his crawl position, tried to pull up on the dishwasher, and hit his head right on the dishwasher rack.  He has a nice bruise by his temple.  He's tough though and handled it like a champ....Me?  I was beside myself I let him do it and tried to put ice on it, but Tillman wasn't having that!

I realize by writing this post about him almost crawling could jinx him into never crawling or not doing it until he is 1 or something. Oy vey :-)

No comments: