Wednesday, April 11, 2012

20 Weeks

Easter Sunday 2012

The baby belly is growing!  When I saw this picture on Facebook, I was like "wow, look how big it is!"  A picture is worth a 1,000 words, as they say, and seeing me in this one, I was speechless!
I do feel like this week, I have started to grow a lot more in the belly.  This pregnancy, I feel, I'm carrying a whole lot higher.  The baby shelf seems to start up at my neck!  The kicks are starting to feel like flutters.  I feel the flutters way down low, and they are generally at night.  The placenta is in the front again for this pregnancy, so I likely won't feel any strong kicks.  As Nick says, "well, that's good because you like your sleep!"
Back to the picture...looking at it makes me wonder what it would be like to have 6 kids.  The one and only one I'm responsible for in the picture is unsupervised and running away behind me while I'm uploading a photo on my phone. Nick wants a whole house full of children, but seeing the circus, I'm unsure I'd be good at wrangling 6 kids!
Big Brother Tillman's favorite word is still "baby."  He calls everything baby...including my belly!

How big's baby?
Baby's crown to rump measurement is now at 6.46 inches (16.4 cm) and your baby is now weighing approximately 10.58 ounces (300g).

How's baby developing and growing?The skin which is covering your baby's body now begins growing from two layers, the epidermis (surface layer) and the dermis (a deeper layer).
The vernix, which is a slimy sort of film which covers the baby's entire body to protect it's skin from the amniotic fluid, is still being produced. There is a good chance that you will see this white slimy substance when your baby is born.
Baby's movements should now be becoming stronger and stronger, as ossification continues and soft cartilage is turned into bone. As baby's arms and legs become harder and stronger the strength of baby's kicks will be more noticeable, but still not a solid contact.

No comments: