Friday, April 13, 2012

It's a.....


GIRL!

We are really excited to have a girl in our family.  She will be the first girl for both sides of the family.  I guess she will be the one "cheerleader" on the side lines, as she cheers on the whole "football team" of boys in the family.
Nick and my mom came to the ultrasound.  At first, she had her legs really close together and crossed at the ankles.  The ultrasound tech kept trying to "wake" her, but she was rather comfortable.  We were looking for confirmation that she was indeed a girl.  We were told at 14 weeks that they were 90% sure it was a girl (but not to paint the room yet).  I always thought I would enjoy knowing even a guess, but that guess created all these "what if's they are wrong" in my head.  I'm glad it's official!


Her heart rate was 154 bpm, and all of her measurements were average. She is already head down. At 20 weeks and 2 days, she weighed 13 oz. This scan measured her due date to by 8/24/12, so I guess she is a little ahead of schedule.  All anatomy was present and normal, which is a blessing.


Stats from the Anatomy Scan (Biometry)
Adominal Circumference: 60th percentile
Head Circumference: 60th percentile
Biparietal Diameter (Head): 81st percentile 
Femur Length: 40th percentile
Humerus: 78th percentile
OFD: 73rd percentile
TCD: 91st percentile


So, who do you think she looks like?  She certainly has Nick's chin just like Tillman does.

Let the name game begin!  What should we call her?

3 comments:

MiMi said...

Caroline Rose
Cassandra (Cassie) Sanders
Tara Lynne
McKenzie Marie

Just a couple ideas.

Jaime said...

Congrats! I love the names:
Saylor
Emma Grace
Madalyn Claire
Hayley
Just a few on the top of my head.

Anonymous said...

My favorite is Mary Caroline is sounds really sweet and it goes very nicely together.