Wednesday, May 16, 2012

25 Weeks...I THINK we have a name!

 Sweet Caroline has been growing...a lot.  My belly growth has been out of control the past few weeks.  It does make me a little nervous to get my glucose test today.  I go at 4PM today for my glucose blood test and to see the doctor.  I'll be seeing a different doctor this time, so it will be interesting to see if they say anything different than Dr. Villers.  Particularly, I'm going to ask her about my belly growth and my weight.  I do feel that most of the weight is in the belly (but as you can tell by the picture above, my arm looks huge too).  The weight gain is concerning and I'm interested to hear the results of the blood test, since gestational diabetes babies can be large (not necessarily healthy for mom or baby).

After many weeks of hashing out names in my head and talking them over with Nick and family.  I THINK we have settled on a FULL name.  This middle name hasn't been mentioned before, but I think it is the right choice.

Caroline Sutherland

With this name, Caroline would have my mother's initials (CSS), and Sutherland is also my mom's maiden name.  I have always loved my mom's maiden name, and believe it is a very strong name.  My mom's generation is the last to hold the last name, Sutherland, within our blood line, so Miss Caroline will carry it on as her middle name.    

The meaning and origin of Caroline:
English & Scottish origin-Meaning is Joy. Song of happiness. Also feminine variant of Charles:manly. 
Latin origin-Meaning from Carol (joyous song) and Linda (pretty).

The meaning and origin of Sutherland:
Scottish-a sur-name meaning South-land or from the south (I'm taking that as "a southern girl!"). Sutherland is also an area of the Highlands of Scotland. The Sutherland clan (sur-name) motto is Sans Peur- "without fear."

At week 25, Miss Caroline should be...

The measurement is now at around 13.62 inches (34.6cm) and baby is now weighing approximately 1.46 pounds (660g).
If you were to go into labor now, baby would have a strong chance of surviving.
Baby is still extremely small and although there are chances of him/her surviving should he be born now, he/she would probably spend several months in hospital.
The smallest of the blood vessels are now starting to form underneath your babies skin now, and as they begin to fill with blood, your baby's skin takes on a pinkish appearance.



2 comments:

Tommy, Erica, Addie Kate, and Andrew said...

Love it! Love Caroline and love last names as middle or first names (but Schreiber... notsomuch). Although I do wish you'd had a little Sarah Kate since I wanted AK to be that... guess that'll make for a cute puppy's name for us one day! :o) I'm glad you've decided... since it took me almost my entire pregnancy to choose a name for both my babes! I'm sure you feel better now that it's done!

Kegan said...

Love it!!! I am so glad you went with mom's madien name. She will be strong and very determined like her mom...lol...