Monday, May 7, 2012

Week 23...7days late (so, really 24 weeks)

Lookin' large and in charge...
and in need of a hair cut!  
I really thought we would have a name by now, but we don't.  I have been delaying on the blog, as I thought my next post would be the official name, but I'd be delaying for weeks.
Nick and I took a trip last weekend to Asheville, NC and talked about the names and how we felt about each.  We hashed it out on the drive up and back, and we still don't have a name.  I think we have a solid first name, Caroline.
Nick made the comment that if the naming of this little girl was so hard that he could only imagine how much of a handful she will be once born!  I sure hope she is not too much of a handful and she is like the song, Sweet Caroline!
Caroline is very active these days.  I can feel her movement at all times of the day (and night). I feel her movements a lot more than Tillman.  I wonder if I am just more aware this time around or if she is packing quite the punch!  When I roll over at night, she too has to get used to laying on the new side as well.  I feel like she is in there readjusting herself.  Sometimes, I end up going back to the other side just to settle her down!
Nick also got to feel Miss Caroline for the first time while we were in Asheville.  She was kicking up a storm!  Glad daddy got to feel her in action!

The name saga to be continued.  I hope we settle on a full name soon...


How big is baby?The measurement is now at around 11.38 inches (28.9cm) and baby is now weighing approximately 1.10 pounds (501g).
How is she developing and growing?Baby's body will start getting plumper and wrinkled and any lanugo hair may start to turn darker at this time. Her eyebrows and eyelids are well formed by now. Over the next month she is going to gain considerable weight, and will be weighing almost double what it is at the moment.
The three bones which make up your babys middle ear - the hammer, anvil and stirrup - are all starting to harden, this means that sound transmission is now possible. Although your baby may be able to transmit sound, there is no way of knowing if your baby is able to interpret this sound at this point (although the brain is developing rapidly, it may still be too immature to deal with the sounds).
The important organs which your baby uses to produce hormones are developing nicely. One hormone in particular, insulin, is being produced by the pancreas. Insulin helps your baby break down and use sugar. When a baby is exposed to high blood sugar levels the pancreas will respond by increasing the blood-insulin level.

1 comment:

Alice said...

Hey, I am not sure my message went through the last time. We had settled on Caroline Alice (Callie)for a girl when we were expecting Benjamin. I Love Caroline, but If there were to ever be another child (not thinking so) and it was a girl we have decided "Alice Mae" (Allie Mae) (my name and Ed's grandmother's name. Very southern sounding, but I love it. We love playing the name game with Phantom Children, lol. Anyway, I like "Caroline Marie" for you guys, that is my vote, lol!
Alice