Thursday, September 20, 2012

1 month 9.20.12


Miss Caroline is 1 month today!  She is going through a growth spurt.  Lately, she likes to only fall asleep while breastfeeding, knows when you put her down (ugh!), and still enjoys to be swaddled.  She is starting to get on a bit of a schedule.  I notices this mostly at night.  She wakes to feed at 8pm and feeds until 10pm.  Sometimes I fall asleep while feeding her, which results in us sleeping on the couch until midnight or so when I wake.  She generally sleeps until 2AM and feeds for an hour or so, and then is back up at 5AM.  The house is up by 5AM, so that works out pretty well.  She normally gets "fed in bed" while Nick gets ready for work and Tillman gets ready for school.  We get to visit with the boys before they leave the house for the day. After they leave, we generally sleep until 8AM!

At one month, Caroline is starting to make/blow bubbles!  She's also working on her neck strenght.  Tummy time is mostly when laying on my chest while burping.  She often tries to look around and pull her head up to look.  She's doing really good with head control.  Her favorite places to sit are the swing, bouncy seat, and in some one's arms (of course)!


I've also been trying to pay attention to what I've been eating to see how it effects her...mostly caffeine and sweets.  Sometimes I think that she is up late or won't take a nap because of what I've eaten.  I haven't figured out any trends yet, but try to stay away from caffeine and sweets after 5PM.

 
I was torn about using a pacey but I gave in about a week ago.  I won't say she loves it, but it certainly comes in handy when she will take it.  It has giving this mommy a huge break and allows others to care for her when she is fussy. She'll only take the Gerber one.  We only have 2 of these paceys, so I'm very protective of it!  Dr. Clifford said that paceys are a good thing (studies show it can protect against SIDS), but like anything, if you start it, you'll have to stop it one day.  I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
 


Caroline's trending stats:
2 days:
Weight:6 lbs 2 oz-8th percentile
Height:19.75 inches-44th percentile
Head: 13.25 inches-12th percentile
BMI: 11

2 weeks:
Weight: 6lbs 13 oz

3 weeks (sick visit):
7.4 lbs (with clothes and a diaper)

1 comment:

Kegan said...

Mere, She is starting to look like you. Too Cute. I enjoyed holding her on Sunday. I can't wait to do it again.