Tuesday, March 19, 2013

30 months 3.12.13

Cruising in Daddy's Truck
When I think of 30 months, all I can think of is that is how I got Tillman to brush his teeth this weekend.  I counted to 30 while I brushed, and that kept him entertained long enough for me to get those teeth scrubbed! He can also count to 30 now.  It is hit or miss, but it makes me feel good to know he is learning things at school and his knowledge is growing.
Trying on his Easter Bow Tie from Aunt Robyn
The one thing I can note about Tillman this month is he is very agile. I've noticed this especially since the weather has been warm. The park has been our second home on the weekends (I think we've gone for the past 3 weekends).Tillman isn't scared of the big, tall ladders.  He is small, so some of the steps are far between one another, but Tillman monkeys on up them with no issue (most of the time).  If he fall off, he learns from it.  I really only takes him once to be shown, and then he has it.  It is funny to watch the "big kids" say "hey little boy, you are too little for that."  The big kids often help him along on the equipment, cheer him on and play with him. It is impressive to see how nice kids can be and have wonderful hearts.  They take Tillman by the hand to lead him through the tunnel.  Why can't adults be this way to one another...what happens to us as we grow?
Only in Hollywood!
While he is agile when it come to playground equipment, he isn't however agile with his Hot Wheels Jeep or the Radio Flyer Wagon!  I have a red mark on my bumper to prove it!  Tillman tried to get the wagon out of the garage and left his "tracks" on the side of my car!  When I saw the wagon had made it out of the garage, I went to check on my car. Sure enough, the damage was done.  The Hot Wheels Jeep is going to take a lot of practice too.  He will drive that thing straight into a tree going full speed. Once he hits the tree, car, or another object, he continues to press the gas and the wheels just spin.  You have to constantly direct him on how to handle the Jeep.  He certainly doesn't have his license yet.
Who's walking who?
Have a pool has really hindered us from letting Tillman play freely in the backyard. Since we had the pool cover on, he has been able to play freely in the back fence while we watch from the kitchen window.  He loves to play independently  It is funny to sneak up on him and listen.  He is often singing songs, counting, or talking to himself.  I know that imagination is running wild. We think it is super important to let "boys be boys" and play without close supervision. We feel it helps him be more independent and helps his imagination.  With that came a few scares-him getting out of the fence (scary because we live on a major highway). Like with our house, the backyard needs child proofing too.  Now all the gates have been kid tested and NOW mother approved (locked/rigged).
Mommy, I pooped...nice!
The first time he got out was when Nick was on a bike ride. Tillman had his bike outside, and he wanted out the fence and was "looking for daddy."  We had a serious talking after that one. He had made it half way around our house before I located him (we live on 6 acres). The second time I saw the gate open, I panicked again.  I walked everywhere calling his name and looking frantically.  I came back into the gate and yelled his name. He was over in the corner and said "hey mommy!"  He didn't go out the gate but had pushed it open.  This panic struck mom said "when I call your name; you answer.  Do you hear me?" He responds "mommy, I want some apple juice." True boy-in one ear and out the other!
Climbing up the slide..of course!

1 comment:

Kegan said...

I would panic also. But I understand letting boys be boys....He is such a big boy!