Monday, March 4, 2013

6 Month Well Check Up


We went for Caroline's 6 month visit to the doctor on 2.22.13. Of course, I had my list of questions.  She had been shaking her head.  I wasn't sure if it was an ear infection or if she just had figured out how to do it.  We'll her left ear was infected.  I won't say that I was happy to hear this, but I am glad after going to the doctor since November for cold, fever, etc she finally got an antibiotic! A few days after the antibiotic, we haven't seen her shake her head since!
I was also curious about the flu shot and if it was worth giving since we're at the end of the season. They recommended since it was still going around.  She'll have to go back in a month to get the second shot.
At this visit I asked ton a food questions. They released her to eat any type of baby food, but told me to wait on any type of food that she has to pick up.  The doctor thought she didn't have the hand grasp skills to pick those up, so we'll wait on that.
The doctor was impressed with her sitting up. She asked if she was doing certain things like cooing, so all of that seems to be on track.

We talked about Miss Caroline for half the visit, but the other half was discussing church. It is funny where you are and who you come in to contact with at various points. She joined St Matthews when we did. After many changes at the church after a year of being a members, both of our families haven't been back. I've often thought about going back. I want my kiddos to grow up in a church like I did. I enjoy taking them to my home church, but just wish we could find one in Charleston that suited.
She mentioned that she was attending a Lutheran Church in West Ashley. We had visited this one before Tillman was born. We liked the church just not the preacher.  Well, just so has it that they got a new preacher. She has been going for 6 weeks. I think we are going to have to pack the family up to see if this would be an option for us. The Lord does work in mysterious ways!


Caroline's 6 month Stats
Weight- 15 lbs and 14 oz (40th percentile)
Height- 24 1/4 inches (65th percentile)
Head Circumference-17 inches (76th percentile)
Clothing-6 months
Diapers- size 2
Shoes/Socks-3-6 mo

No comments: