Monday, July 22, 2013

11 months 7.20.13

Sweet Smile in her Matilda Jane dress
All I can think is "I can't believe she is almost a year old!" She is moving up to the next class at school on 7.29.13, and they asked that we start working on sippy cups.  Also, I opened her last can of formula this weekend, so she will be moving to regular milk next.  Caroline is pretty much done nursing. She would rather hold the bottle, walk around while drinking, or keep her eyes on the room to make sure she isn't missing anything.  Can't believe she is growing up so fast. It is almost too much happening at once! With her turning one, the party planning has begun, the cake smash photo session booked, and the birthday attire is being planned! I'm excited about her party but not her growing up!
Kiawah Beach day!
(Daddy trying to brush off her hat)
Caroline has also started a new schedule.  She is now going to bed the same time as Tillman and is sleeping through the night.  By going to bed in the 7PM hour she now gets an extra hour of sleep at night.  She is easier to put to bed that early than I first thought.  I give her a bottle, and after she is done with that, she puts herself to sleep. I've heard that you shouldn't put your child to bed with a bottle, but for now, that is what works, so we are doing it! I think the extra hour of sleep at night will be key when she moves to the next class since they have scheduling nap time in that room.  She will go from napping anytime she wants to only once a day.  I'm glad of this. She doesn't seem to require that much sleep, so to have a scheduled nap time will help us with both kids on the weekend.
Saturday Morning fun...playing dress up in another MJ dress
Baby Caroline still does a great job with eating.  She has had all types of meat-salmon, tilapia, chicken to name a few. She loves them all.  There isn't much she won't eat.  When she wants something to eat, she wants you to put it in her mouth as soon as possible. She gets very antsy at the table if you aren't "shoveling" fast enough!  At the beach this weekend, she was at my knees begging for food. She ate watermelon, cheese, goldfish, and the list goes on.  She loves to eat!  I'm glad that she is a good eater. She has really slowed on the amount of formula she drinks. I think she will do just fine with the transition.
Hey guys, don't leave me in here...
Caroline staying out of the mosquitos
while we work on the pool
Caroline is pretty much a full-time walker now.  She will crawl to get to something under a table or in a corner, but other than that, she is on the go on her feet. She does walk "bow-legged." I've had 3 people say this.  Of course, being her mom, I get a little offended by those remarks.  Her legs do bow out, but I think that is how a baby maintains balance. However, I'm going to talk to the doctor about it just to make sure everything is normal! :-) (Like the good mom should...right?) Bow-legged or not, she can get those little chunky legs going pretty fast. She is almost to the point of running.  We've even noticed her legs have really thinned out since she has started to walk.  I hate to see those chunky thighs disappear, but I'm sure she wouldn't want those when she is a teenage!
Passed out before 8PM! Wow, we are finally at that stage!
11 month stats:
Diapers: size 3
Shoes: still not yet!  Not rushing this one.
Weight: I think she is maintaining at 20 lbs!
Sleep: 7:30PM!!  Sleeps until Tillman wakes up the whole house!
Things to work on: sippy cup (just didn't get to that last month...busy working on bedtime)
Naps: 3 times a day at school, but going down to 1 time a day starting 7.29.13
Clothing: 9-12 mo; although, she does were some 18 mo clothing!
Teeth: 4 upper teeth fully in. 4 lower teeth-2 middle ones completely in but on each side of the middle teeth there are one on each side that are coming in.
Playtime with Tillman in the tunnel
(she loves it although she looks
less than impressed in this pic!)


No comments: