Monday, July 22, 2013

34 months 7.12.13

"Take my picture!"
Most people say that Tillman looks like his daddy, and looking at the picture above I can see Nick in him. I guess him being my child and seeing them side by side, I just couldn't see it. I notice it more in pictures.  The ears, hair, chin, and lines in the face, yes, I see Nick (and I guess his Papaw too since Nick and his dad look so much alike!) Speaking of Nick, Tillman absolutely adores his daddy.  When he wakes in the morning, Daddy is the first thing he says to going to bed at night, Nick is the only person he wants to put him to bed. When Nick isn't at home at night, Tillman rushes down the next morning to see his daddy. On the weekend and at night, he wants to do everything his daddy does-cut the grass, watch him cook, blow the leave, ride in the truck, walk Graham, watch him fix things around the house and the list goes on and on.
Tunnel Time
Tillman gets really upset if Nick does things without him-particularly cut the grass. He can hear a mower from a mile away and it can wake him up from a dead sleep. He's more "obsessed" with his daddy than any cartoon character (Elmo, Thomas the Train, etc).  I have to do a ton of bribing (candy) to make him go back to sleep if Nick is mowing the grass.
On the way home from the beach, clinging
to his junk food in his sleep afraid
 we would take it away. As soon as he woke,
he just started eating again like nothing happened.
Tillman is starting to tell us more about his day at school. He can tell us what he had for lunch, who did what, and even are able to hear more about incident reports!  Tillman got bit last week. Of course, all the teacher can tell you is that Tillman got bit today.  When we left the room, I asked Tillman who bit him, and he was able to tell me.  He wouldn't divulge details (what were you doing when you got bit, etc), but he was able to tell me who.  It is funny because he told me a nickname of the person. I went to the school roster and I didn't see that person. He finally told me his full name after I started going through his class.  They all have nicknames in the class. Tillman is Till Till or Tilly or The Mayor!
Helping daddy with his tent and pool
Tilly is still 27-28 lbs.  I think he has grown a little taller. When buying Caroline the next diaper size up (3), I noticed that Tillman could wear those as well, so now we just buy one size. He used to be a 4, but down to a 3. I think he is just stretching himself!  Tillman is not a big eater...never has been. He would rather play than eat. His Papaw is the same way. He eats to live instead of lives to eat. We really have to force Tillman to eat dinner.  Don't get me wrong, he loves junk food and would eat that all day long. We really limit that stuff at home. I asked the daycare how he does, and they say he eats two helping sometimes there.  No sure about his eating habitats, but for me, I love to eat, so I can't wrap my head around not enjoying dinner....
All and all Tillman has had a great month. We are also party planning for him, as he is two months away from being 3.  Wow!



No comments: