Tuesday, February 15, 2011

5 months 2.12.11

Cheering on Cousin Colin
Tillman turned 5 months on Saturday.  We celebrated by going to Cousin Colin's basketball game.  Tillman enjoyed watching the game.  He paid close attention to the players and the ball.  However, the buzzer was not his favorite, and he let us all know!

Uncle Ricky holding Tillman
Tillman also had a big Valentine's Day too.  He started daycare yesterday. I think he will do just fine, but there will be some adjustment time (for all of us).  The daycare ladies mentioned it would likely take a week or so.  The poor guy cried for 45 minutes straight and only drank 1/2 of the milk that he normally does.  The ladies asked we bring Mylicon, as they were very concerned his tummy hurt.
When Tillman got home he drank two bottles and was exhausted from his day.  He pretty much slept from 5PM to 5:30AM.  Tillman certainly isn't used to a lot of noise.  They mentioned he woke every time another child was crying, he cried when they did, and he just wasn't sure about things.
We know that it is good for him to socialize and be around other children, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't hard to drop him off.  Nick and I both didn't speak very much when we left the daycare.  It made me teary eyed to leave him in someone else's care.  I think it got to Nick a little too. 
We know he is in good care.  The ladies are very sweet, and when I went for pick up, they gave me a complete run down of the day, and they give him a daily report card too.  They seemed very impressed I didn't call the check up on Tillman during the day (boy, did I want to), but I think they get annoyed by parents calling (I would).
Cousin Colin and Tillman
What's Tillman up to at five months?
-He loves to make "raspberry" sounds (vibrate lips and slobber...the cute kind).  We have a bib on his all the time. 
-He's been introduced to rice cereal, but we've stopped feeding him it until we can add some fruit (need some fiber in that diet).
-Tillman is starting to learn if he cries/gets fussy, we tend to him.  He is starting to play us like his "puppets."
-He is pretty consistent with sleeping through the night (in his crib too).
-Tillman wears a size 2 diaper,  is still in 0-3 mo. clothing, and has a steady diet of "mommy milk"
-Some of his tricks include-rolling over, blowing bubbles and sit-ups/crunches
-Tillman enjoys walks in the BabyBjour and the jogging stroller
-He also has the sweetest smile and laugh too!

7 comments:

Kegan said...

I was wondering how everything went yesterday. The first day is always the hardest. Hang in there. I was one of the mom's that called the first day to check on them. I could not stand it. You were stonger than me. Hopefully we can get down to Charleston for the Flowertown Festival and we all can get together. Talk with you later. Give Tillman kisses from his Aunt Kegan....

Meredith said...

That would be fun if you guys can come down! I hope you guys are doing well.

Julie H said...

Happy 5 mths Tillman! So proud of you for being a champ about day care! Sounds like all 3 of you did wonderfully! Hope to see you soon!!

TeeTee Lynn said...

I made Daniel call on the first day. :) You are strong!

Meredith said...

Trust me...I wanted to call. The workers were funny...they did a reenactment of when the office comes to the room to ask how "so-in-so is doing" because "so-in-so's" mom is on the phone. After that, I was glad I didn't call.

Ali said...

I love Tillman's Blue Owl bib! Too cute as always :)

Meredith said...

Thanks Ali! It is a Thirty-One bib, and a gift from one of Nick's nice clients!