Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The BIG Sleep Transition

Tillman has had a lot of changes in his night time / nap routine.  Not only has he transitioned to from downstairs to now upstairs, but he has transitioned from the Moses basket to his crib!  Way to go, Tillman!

Tillman was quickly approaching the max out point of the Moses basket (his head was touching the top and his legs were scrunching up at the bottom) we noticed last week.  Nick tried him upstairs for one of his naps, and of course, he did fine.  Friday night was his first night in his crib, and Saturday night he slept from 7P-7A!  The news gets even better, last night I put him down in his crib, and he just kicked around and played for at least 30 minutes before going to bed.  He seems to really like it.

We've certainly set up a true night time scene for him in his room--3 night lights and a sound machine on rain.  Who wouldn't sleep good like that?

With this big transition, I've set up the video monitor.  I've gone this long without a monitor because he was right outside our room each night, so I could hear him if he was up.  With being upstairs, I knew I'd want to keep my eye on the little guy.  I love to watch him on the monitor.  Of course, I make sure he is breathing, but we've also had a fun time watching him rotating his body a full 180 degrees through the night.  We lay him at the top of the crib, then he turns his body to have his head and feet touch the bumper, and then through the night, he continues to rotate.  This morning we picked him up out of his crib with his feet at the head of the crib. 

I think he really enjoys the extra room in the crib!

6 comments:

Kegan said...

You will start to sleep a lot better now. Once the phase of is he o.kay when he sleeps a long time. It is funny how infants cane rotate from one end of the crib to the other and at our age we do not do that. It is strange. I am glad he enjoys his crib.

Mary-Margaret said...

Yay Tillman! And, good for you on the 12 hours of sleep!

Meredith said...

It is so funny to see him rotating! Never seen a child do that before...I guess it is common?

MM-You'll have to tell Emily; her basket was a LIFE SAVER for the past 4 months! He loved it!

Matt and Erin said...

Good job, Tillman! I hope he continues to enjoy his crib. Ashleigh loves her crib. She likes rotating 180 degrees, too!! :) Babies are so funny!

Misty said...

I'm curious as to what kind of video monitor you got. We need one and I'd like to see how well someone else's works first

Meredith said...

Misty-We go the complete coverage video monitoring system by Summer. My mom found it a lot cheaper online than it is at Babies R Us. She purchased from Meijer.com