Tuesday, August 14, 2012

38 Weeks

38 Weeks
Wow, We've hit the 38 week marker.  This officially has been the longest pregnancy yet! By this point we had already welcome Tillman in the world.  I'm very thankful that Caroline is still hanging in there.  Although I look very puffy and tired in the face in the photo, I'm hanging in there, and hoping Caroline doesn't come until September!  I know, I'm likely the only pregnant lady that has ever requested to be overdue!  Maybe this pregnancy is going to my head, but I'd love for Tillman and Caroline to be 2 years apart in school. Of course, I could hold Caroline back, but if she is born on or after Sept 1, we don't have to make any decisions.
 I saw Dr. Villers yesterday.  She checked on Caroline, and said there really wasn't much progress between last week and this week.  Caroline's head is really low, and I believe that.  I think she is right on my bladder. Getting to the bathroom fast is the name of the game during this portion of the pregnancy.  Dr. Villers said that I'm a "finger tip" dilated, so I guess that is either 1 cm still or a little more.

Caroline's bedding in place with her monogrammed comforter
Nick also worked hard this weekend to get the furniture put together and mostly in-place in Caroline's room. We had some friends come over and help Nick get the furniture upstairs (Thanks to the Jackson's for the help!).  These photos are of Caroline's crib "nook."  The other side of the room is a work in progress, so more pictures to come once it is complete.   I'm impressed how the room has turned out.  Her new furniture looks great in there.  We didn't paint or adjust any of the drapery; I simply found bedding that would coordinate with what was in place.   

Caroline's crib nook
Tillman's room is across the hall from Caroline's room.  We have new furniture and things are all moved around in the room.  When Tillman goes by that room in the morning, he points and says "Uh Oh!"  I guess that his his way of saying that things have changed in there.  We walk in the room and explain that this is baby Caroline's room.  He points to the crib and says "night night" and checks out the place.  He knows something is up, but he sure doesn't know that another little person will be in our house soon!

1 comment:

MiMi said...

Dear Carolina,
Mimi wants another grandchild especially a grand daugher! I am sure that Tillman will be a wonderful brother. Mrs. Mother you look great!!