Tuesday, August 28, 2012

38 weeks & 5 days

 
38 and 5 is as far as we made it with Caroline!  At 9:35pm on Sunday, August 19, 2012, my water broke, and we knew we would be meeting sweet Caroline very soon.  Of course, we went through the "are you sure it has broken?"

Nick's dad came to keep Tillman, so we could head to the hospital. When arriving at the hospital, they staff had the same skeptical thoughts of my water breaking, but one check showed them my bag of water "grossly ruptured."  I was still just a 1.5 cm dilated, but unlike with Tillman, I was having a few contractions, so we were hopeful for the VBAC.


After many hours of laboring with an epidural, 6:30 PM on Monday night, I began to push (epidural stopped working).  Caroline Sutherland was born on August 20, 2012 at 8:43 PM via VBAC.  She was 19 1/4 inches long and 6 lbs & 15 ozs of sweetness!



No comments: