Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bed Time Routine




Since I have gone back to work, I have been trying to establish a bedtime routine for Tillman.  This is all in hopes that he will begin to understand it is time for his long sleep of the day (7 hours...please). 


Our bedtime routine so far includes, getting a bath, changing the lighting in his sleep area, swaddling, feeding and putting him down to sleep.  We start the routine around 7PM, and by 9PM, I hope I'm in bed.


These pictures were taken right after getting out of his bath.  He LOVES the bath.  The warmer the water the better.  The only time he gets fussy is when the water cools down.  It took me a while to figure out what was going on with him when he got fussy in the bath, but it is clear we need a bigger hot water tank in the future.  Tillman and I will be fighting over the hot water in a few years!



6 comments:

Rachel Price said...

He is just so precious! I don't know how you are able to put him down to sleep! I would just want to hold him all night.

Rachel Price said...

It's Rachel...that was my comment above but its pulling the wrong name at the moment. :) I have a sewing blog and that's what it is pulling from.

Meredith said...

Hey Girl-Thanks! We hope to see you around Christmas time!

I didn't know you had a blog! Cool!!

Julie H said...

Lil man is SO cute!!! You're doing a great job working at home and away!! Can't wait to see you!! Thanks for keeping the blog updated!! :)

Kegan said...

Master Tillman is precious. I hate I am going to miss seeing him on Thanksgiving. He is really starting to a lot like Nick. I am glad Tillman is doing better with the sleeping. It always seems to works better to get on their schedule than them on your schedule. So are you liking going back to work. That is the worse about being a working parent. Missing the little one for 8 to 10 hours a day. Well have a great Thanksgiving and we love you all. Give Tillman a kiss for me.

Meredith said...

Kegan-I hope you have a good Thanksgiving tomorrow. You'll have to post some pics of Lance. I am sure he has changed a lot too!