Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sweet Child of Mine


Getting ready for WATERMELON!
All of us have been suffering from some sort of cold, illness, virus for the past couple of weeks.  Nick is finally on the mend after being tested and confirming him having EBV-epstein barr virus (similar to mono).  Since Nick's immunity has been down, he has been getting sinus infections.  Tillman's nose has been running, and yes, the pregnant lady also got a nasty cold.  
It has been fun to watch Tillman with all of these symptoms going around the house.  When he coughs or sneezes, he covers his mouth/nose (thank you, day care, for teaching him that).  He also request to wipe his nose.  He knows how to do it himself, and then puts it in the trash can.  All of this sounds like common stuff, but I know adults who don't do this!
Just this morning, I was coughing while carrying him downstairs after he woke up.  During the cough, he patted my back (to help me through it...I guess). It was so sweet, and he seemed pretty genuine in his action and showed concern.  
He also shows very sweet and genuine actions to his Daddy too.  Yesterday, he asked daddy "come play!" and he pointed to the den.  
Even with time-out he is sweet.  When he is allowed out of "toddler jail," he gives each of us a hug and is working on "I'm sorry."  (Thanks to Nick for teaching him this.) We really are his best friends right now.  I know that will change, but it sure is sweet right now.
Tillman has been getting more complements at school too.  I've had several parents email me to say that Tillman hug them, blew them a kiss or waved bye bye to them and their child when they were picking up.  The teachers all get a huge and a kiss before he leaves at night.  He really isn't prompted to do this...it's just him.  
I know, I'm bragging, but hey, that's what having your own blog is all about!  :-)

Watermelon is defined as a fruit only to be
eaten outside  in a diaper!

2 comments:

MiMi said...

Tillman is growing too fast! I hope you save a hug or two for MiMi.

Kegan said...

How Sweet! I cannot wait to see him on Saturday. I hope the Strehle's are on the mend! See you in a few days!