Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Week 33

Outfit look plain? Necklace popped while walking
into work without warning. Beads were everywhere...
under cars, all over side walk, etc
Oh week 33, I can't believe this pregnancy is flying by!  Soon we will have a little girl with 10 tiny fingers and 10 tiny toes.  Totally not ready!  When I think about two little kiddos, it seems overwhelming.  I know we will adjust and it will be fine (it has to be, right?).
I think that Tillman knows something is coming.  He has become extra clingy and wants to be held all the time.  I guess if he is like this when Caroline comes, we will have to get the Baby Bjorn out for Caroline, and get some sort of back sling for Tillman to sit in.
The heat over the past few days or week has also been killer!  Everyone is deprived when it is hot outside.  Graham hasn't been walked very much, Tillman wants to play outside (but can't), and our AC is working overtime, as I crank it down.  I think that is the major thing I've noticed about this pregnancy is that the heat bothers me much more than last.  We went to a dinner last night, and I met Nick.  I didn't even want to get out of my car to walk to his, as I was afraid of not cooling down. You know, a sweaty pregnant lady just isn't cute.
Last Friday, we head for a drive in the mountains.  We went through a rain storm, and it cooled down to 59 degrees after being in the mid-90's all day.  It was so refreshing.  When we went to dinner after the drive, it was still in the mid-80's, and I even thought it would be ok to sit outside!
During the drive, I noticed that my nose (in particular) was swelling (started to having to breathe through my mouth).  Then i could see my cheeks in my "peripheral vision" and noticed my hands were getting large (my rings were sinking into my skin).  After sitting down all day, the swelling had started.  We took a long stroll in Bravard before getting back on the road to come home, which helped a lot.  It was pretty crazy how all of that happened. I don't think there will be any long car rides in my future for a while.

In other news, we decided to bring out all the infant items in August.  I've schedule her newborn photos for September 4th.  This time it won't be at our house; we're having to drive to a studio (pray for us and that this goes well).  I am very hesitant about a 30 minute drive, having her well fed, and in a new place to get good pictures, but it can be done...other have done it.
Her furniture will be here in August.  Nick will drive to Columbia to get it.  We'll also take some items up to my parents as we "Clean out for Caroline" at our house.  She has a brand new Moses basket in the mean time...hopeful that she will enjoy the Moses basket as much as Tillman did for 5 months!


How big is baby?
Baby will be weighing in at around 4.23 pounds (1.918kg) and measuring 17.20 inches (43.7cm).


How is baby developing and growing?
Baby may begin to practice sucking this week by sucking on his/her fingers.
  • Baby will continue to deposit fat under the skin this week as he/she will continue to gain weight.
  • As a result of the fat deposits, your baby's skin will be changing color from red to pink. 

1 comment:

Kegan said...

Nothing like being pregnant in the middle of the Summer. The swelling is the worst...You are looking good.