Friday, September 3, 2010

Auntie M x 5 as of 12:23PM yesterday!

I've been "Auntie M" for 8 years today.  My my first nephew, Colin, was born September 3rd, 2002 (Happy Birthday, buddy).  Yesterday (90210...how cool!), my 5th nephew was born, Lance, at 12:23PM weighing 7 lbs 10 ozs and 18 inches long.  My parents report Lance has a full head of hair!



We have lots of September birthdays in my family. My brother's birthday is Sunday (Sept 5th), one of my brother-in-law's birthday is the 13th, Tillman is due the 21st, and my other brother-in-law's birthday ends the month.

While my sister was in labor in Columbia, I had my 37 week appointment with Dr. Villers.  We did the "good ol' check," and she said I am right on time (she doesn't think I'll be early...fine with me!).  She thinks I'm 50%-75% effaced, and have definitely progressed since my last check.  She said it is hard to tell since it is my first pregnancy, and I haven't started to dilate.  When one dilates, it is easier for the physician to measure/guesstimate effacement.  With first pregnancy, the women effaces then dilates.  With multiple pregnancies, a women will efface and dilate together.

Happy LABOR day weekend!  Be safe!


2 comments:

AutumnK81 said...

Wasn't sure how to contact you but thought this would work! I too work at MUSC and have been enjoying following your pregnancy blog. I just had my baby August 4th, 2010. I don't know if you're planning on having Tilman's pictures taken professionally once he's born but I highly recommend it! Tamara at bumpmeetbaby.com made my announcements and took my little girl's pictures and I along with my entire family are so thankful for that! They turned out gorgeous.....I mean magazine type gorgeous! If I had your email I'd send you a pic but you can check out her site. She is here locally in Charleston and does an amazing job. Anyway, best of luck to you and I wish you and yours the best! -Autumnk81@yahoo.com

Meredith said...

Wow...thanks for passing along this information. I checked out her website, and we really like her style. We do want to get Tillman's pictures made. Thank you for sending this along! I'll email you.