Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hormones

I think it is really funny how people speak of pregnant lady hormones.  In my case, I've hear men refer to them more than women which is truly frustrating.  Speaking from my case, I don't really think I have been off my rocker the past 9 months.  I know you are thinking..."oh, she just doesn't know," but Nick will be the first to back me up on this. 

Beyond the hormone subject, I also haven't felt it to be too necessary to pull "the preggo card."  When I refer to this, I mean-walking slow and big-foot like, using pregnancy as an excuse (I can't pick up that 5 lb box...), taking those annoying deep breaths, rubbing the belly (you don't have to do this...everyone knows you are pregnant!), holding the back and leaning backwards (PS I've hear this only is a quick relief and really isn't good for you) just to name a few! 

So...it really infuriates me when someone says..."oh, you know...she is pregnant, and her hormones are all out of wack."  Lucky for them, they haven't mentioned this to my face, but seriously?  I love to have someone talk that way about me...not!!!  I think this is their way of making themselves feel good by doing inexcusable things and having an excuse for themselves (oh, the pregnant part of the lady is the problem....If she wasn't pregnant, it wouldn't be this way).  However, when you do inexcusable things, you can expect a reaction-pregnant or not!

There you have it for today...hormones are not an excuse for Mrs Pregnant in the Lowcountry, and they are certainly not a "blame" excuse for others!

No comments: