Thursday, June 17, 2010

26 week appointment

I had my appointment with Dr. Villers today at 8:30.  I got to listen to Tillman's heart rate.  Everything is sounding good!  She did say that my belly growth is still behind, so I'll be going for a growth study (an ultrasound) on July 8th to make sure everything is ok with him and Tillman is growing as he should.  Dr. Villers doesn't think Nick and I will have a huge baby just given our size, but she still just wants to check things out.  I am very grateful for her being cautious.  It makes me feel really good about the care I am receiving.

The first thing I do when being called back to my appointment is get weighed...booo!  I've gained 10 lbs since my last appointment.  I officially weigh more now than I ever have in my life (including all fat stages that sent me back and forth to Weight Watchers)!  I will say 10 pregnancy pounds feel a lot different than 10 regular pounds.  The weight is all in front; where as the other weight gain is all over.  So far, I don't mind the pregnant look.  It is the first time I'm 18 lbs heavier, and people tell me I look good.

My blood pressure was also good this visit-117/70. 

The majority of my appointment was chatting with Dr. Villers.  I did ask her about stretch marks.  She did say if I had them in puberty (which I did); I'd likely see them again.  Dr. Villers said if you prone, then you are just going to get them.  It has to to with the collagen levels in the skin, and it is all hereditary.  She suggested after pregnancy to get them laser treated.  Laser treatment only works on the marks that are still purple.  Once they turn silver/skin color, there's really nothing that can be done.

We also chatted about my next appointment.  I will be receiving the shot, Rogam.  My blood lacks the Rh antigen (- blood type), it is called Rh-negative. If it has the antigen, it is called Rh-positive. Basically, since my body isn't used to Rh antigen and Tillman were to have Rh in his blood (+ blood type), my body would build antibodies against the baby.  Apparently, you are given a shot, and all is taken care of after that.

Also, at my next appointment, I'll be reviewing my birth plan or wishes during the delivery process.  MUSC has a birth plan on their website that I'll be filling out. Click here to check it out.

1 comment:

Kegan said...

Rh-Negative. Is this something that runs in the family? I am just curious b/c I have not been told I am. I know each person is different but just curious since we are sisters.

Well I hope your appointment in the next few weeks goes good. I have 4-D done on the 23rd. I will send pictures after my appointment. I am curious to see if Lance will look like Logan....