Monday, June 21, 2010

Atlanta Trip

This past weekend, we took a quick trip to Atlanta.  We have been planning this trip for a while, but finally book the trip two weeks ago.  One of Nick's clients lives in Atlanta and has season tickets to the Braves.  He offered to take us, so we took him up on his generous offer.
We drove through the night on Thursday and got to Atlanta around midnight.  We stayed at the Marriott Marquis.  Thank goodness for map quest to get us there because there is like "fifty eleven" roads with Peach Tree in the name (come on ATL city planners...think outside the box a little)!!
On Friday we went to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens.  Nick just loved this!  He took a ton of pictures of plants and designs, so watch out Seabrook and Kiawah, Nick's got some ideas from the big city!

This picture is sad....It was taken in the Children's Garden.
A sunflower grows taller than me!

This taken also in the Children's Garden.
Nick insisted that I get a picture with the cow,
since my nick-name is Moo
(my Dad gave this to me years ago)! 

We also went to CNN on Friday.  It was neat to tour the studio.  We were in a tour group with a daycare, so some of the questions were really cute!  No pictures from CNN, as they don't allow that during the tour.

On Friday night, Nick planned "date night" in Buckhead.  We ate at Chops Lobster Bar right next to the St. Regis Hotel (apparently this place is pretty swank...I've never heard of the St. Regis, but you must drive a Bentley or Rolls to know about it).
After that we headed to a comedy show at Punchline.  This place was suggested to Nick by the hotel concierge.  I was pretty unsure of the place when pulling up, but the headliner, Dale Jones, and host were pretty funny!

On Saturday, we headed to the World of Coke!  This was the part of the trip I was most looking forward!  Coke had everything from a 4-D shows to tasting Coke drinks from all around the world.  As for the 4-D show, I would not recommend any pregnant lady or persons with past back or neck injuries going on this!  That thing jerked us around like rag dolls! 

Me and Nick in our cool 3-D glasses!

Me trying out some Coke, and getting my "one" caffeine drink in for the day!

All the drinks from around the world were pretty tasty but one,
the Beverly from Italy
(check out this YouTube of people trying it...YUCK!)

On Saturday night, we went to the Braves game.  Our seats were right behind home plate!  These were the best seats in the house! 
Nick and HUGE me in our seats. 
(I hate this photo, but it shows where we sat. 
If it wasn't for that, I would have deleted it for sure!)

This was the winning hit of the game!

The game ended in a Braves' celebration!

Me and Nick after the game. 
My shirt is all twisted and is embarrassingly tucked in my pants. 
I must have hiked those up before the photo!  ("I Yi Yi!")

After the game, our host treated us to The Varsity!  I had a Varsity Orange and an Apple Pie!

1 comment:

Kegan said...

Looks Like you had a blast!!!