Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Let The Third Trimester Begin

Yikes...28 weeks today means we're in the home stretch.  I certainly understand the "nesting" concept people always say pregnant women go through because I am starting to get that way (ok...so maybe I'll already feeling it).  When I tell people I am due in September, they say "wow, that is soon."  When I hear this, it gets me thinking-"We're not prepared." "What if he came tomorrow....we don't even have the crib yet"...and the list just goes on and on.
In the past few weeks, I've noticed that I've been a lot more hungry, a little tired, and am gaining some serious weight!  The one thing about weight gain is I feel completely out of shape.  When in Atlanta, I felt like I constantly wanted to sit down, dreaded hills when we walked, and was out a breath before I knew it (oh yeah...pretty sweaty too...gross, I know)! 

Me at 28 weeks
So, obviously I take my pics at work
(hints the MUSC badge)

See what babycenter.com says sweet Tillman is up to this week....
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.



3 comments:

Mary-Margaret said...

Almost there! You look great!

Meredith said...

Thanks M-M! Getting a tour of the Labor and Delivery unit today. Plan to Flip Video it for the blog. It seems right around the corner, but I hope Tillman stays in his place for as long as he can.

Unknown said...

You look amazing, Meredith! Enjoying reading all the posts...looks like little Tillman will be well-appointed in his nursery! Miss you!