Monday, June 14, 2010

Sigh of Relief...


Remember this post about planning our social calendar past September 2010? If you haven't read the post, I encourage you to read, as I got a lot of advice from the questions I purposed regarding going to a wedding in Virginia with a two month old (read comments).

Since that post, I spoke with the bride, and she is completely alright with us bringing Tillman to the reception.  She has several other friends that are in the same boat as us, and she said she would just like for us to be there.  After hearing that, it was a "sigh of relief."  However, we still wanted to find a baby sitter, so Nick and I could enjoy the wedding together.  My friend's mom has been trying to find a sitter for us in the area. 

Last night, I talked to my mom who is in Virginia visiting one of her friends.  The group of friends that are together have been friends since they were babies (they call themselves the YaYa's).  Mom mentioned that she was in Ashburn, VA.  I didn't know exactly where that was, so I Google Mapped it.  We'll it is literally two miles from Lansdowne Resort where the wedding will be in November.  What are the chances?? 

So, I got on the phone to call my mom to make sure that is where they were, and sure enough, it was!  We not only found a babysitter for the wedding, but a place to stay while we are up there!!  It just feels like it was meant to be, and this is a HUGE sigh of relief!

1 comment:

Kegan said...

Meredith that is great. Katie and Sil will do a great job! If that is who is going to keep him. Good thing we know people all over the area. I am glad that is behind you. See you this weekend at Julie's.