Tuesday, July 6, 2010

29 Weeks


Here's the what babycenter.com says about Tillman at 29 weeks..."Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day."

After reading about our growing boy this week, I sure am glad I went to the store to purchase some supplemental vitamins.  I am now on Prenate Elite for my prenatal vitamin, but Dr. Villers recommended also taking Vitamin D and Calcium.  Honestly, she mentioned it about a month ago, but I just got around to getting to Earth Fair to purchase. 

I purchased Solaray Dietary Supplement's Cal-Mag Citrate.  It has 400 IU of Vitamin D, 1,000 Mg of Cal, and 500 mg of Mag.  From the sounds of Tillman's 29th week and beyond, I'm glad we'll be sharing this 1,000 Mg of Cal! 
I am also taking Nordic Natural-Complete Omega 3-6-9 since I found out I was expecting.  Dr. Villers suggested taking an extra Omega 3 supplement with my prenatal vitamin throughout my pregnancy.  This product  contains 30 IU of E, 564 mg of Omega 3, 224 mg of Omega 6, and 244 mg of Omega 9.  I've only been taking one pill a day, but I noticed the "serving size" is two pills to receive the benefit of the listed.  I'm considering bumping up to two pills a day on this one.  The great thing about this pill is that it has a lemon favor instead of the yucky fish smell and taste!

No comments: