Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Generations


At Tillman's first baby shower in May, Nick two grandmothers attended. Nick and I were so glad that we got this picture of him with his two grandmothers. You never know when will be the last to see someone, and it is at these moments that I think about cherishing every moment as it is our last.


On Sunday, we got the news that Nick's paternal Grandmother had passed away (one on the right...lime and white shirt). We were very glad that we got to see her when she was doing well. I actually spent a long time talking to both grandmothers at the shower while Nick and the guys grilled out.

Although Tillman will not get to meet one of his Great Grandmothers, I am very glad that she knew about him and was excited about his arrival in September. This weekend I went plundering back through the gifts from the shower to find what she had given Tillman. We'll make sure to keep these items to share with Tillman and show him through pictures who is Great Grandmother was.
Life is very precious, and you just never know when will be the last time you'll see someone. Please keep Nick's family in your prays as we lay his Grandmother to rest today.

2 comments:

Matt and Erin said...

I'm definitely praying for you and Nick and Nick's family. It's so tough to lose a grandmother. We found out I was pregnant about 2 months after my grandma passed away. I'm hoping God passed on the message to her that she was going to be a great-grandma. :)

Meredith said...

Erin, thanks for your comment and prayer! I am very thankful that she knew Tillman was on the way.

I hope everything is going well with your pregnancy. Love your blog!