Tuesday, July 20, 2010

31 Weeks

Here's the update from babycenter.com "This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy."

Master Tillman has certainly been active this week.  I'm starting to feel him more and more especially at night, although he is not effecting my sleep (yet).  When we saw him at his last ultrasound, his little cheeks started to "plump up."  There was a big difference in his cheeks from the 12 week ultrasound. 

As far as my body changes, I do feel like I am getting a bigger belly.  I think I have gained somewhere between 22-25 lbs thus far.  The line that most ladies get down the middle of the belly is starting to appear (what is that called?).  Thankfully, no signs of stretch marks yet (no new ones at least).  The biggest change with me is my temperature gage...man, I am always hot!

Another noticeable change is my energy level.  As you see by this post, I have been actively cleaning out and selling some of our miscellaneous stuff on Craigslist (type 5586 in search box to see our loot for sell).  I also put up some insulation (a bag and a half...Yes, Mom. I wear a mask.) in the alcoves of Tillman's room (I want to get 3 more bags to finish that off), installed some switch plate covers that have insulation, and have been getting the house ready for Tillman's Mimi (Nick's mom) to visit later this week.  Oh, and I'm also on an air freshener kick.  I purchased some for the house and even one for my car!  Nick asked last night "how we could turn them down?" (I like them!)

Nick and I have also been chatting a lot about the delivery experience.  He has been reading (book titles to come) some books that came from a friend who had all three children at home (two water births and one "land" birth).  These books have really been good.  They help us see another side of the delivery experience outside of the sterile environment of the typical hospital birthing experience.  We hope to marry the two concepts for our experience.  Of course, we are having Tillman in the hospital, but I do think we can have a more comfortable experience just by reading and knowing more.  This will help us feel more in control of our experience.

Here's what pregnant me looks like at 31 weeks!

No comments: