Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mommyhood...A special society?

I'm switching things up this week.  Fashion Friday is a day early due to my growth study and 29th week appointment being this afternoon.  I'll be blogging tomorrow with an update from both appointments.

Mommyhood-I guess that is what I am joining in September.  There are some that say, you're not a mom until your child arrives, but I think ladies are inducted into the Mommyhood Society as soon as the belly starts to sprout (Nick irks me when he calls it Buddha...ugh)!  The reason being is this is when the advice, stories, and the best part, maternity clothing offers begin!

I have been very fortunate to not have to purchase a whole new wardrobe during this time.  I'm very grateful to my friends, Jennifer and Sarah, and my cousin, Erica, who gave me tons of clothes from their pregnancies.  Just this weekend, I got an over flowing bag from Erica (she refers to maternity cloths sharing as the "borrowing-chain.").  When I showed up with the clothes, Nick said "this is the one time all women come together."  He goes on to say "it is like you've joined a society or something."  I must say, I agree with him.  The clothes offering is like being inducted into the Society of Mommyhood (also these maternity (big tent) shirts make me think of no more bikinis too...but I digress)!

The one thing all of these ladies mentioned to me is that other mothers were so generous to them that they would like to pass along the favor.  This warm welcome into Mommyhood certainly gives me the feeling to pass along / pay it forward to future moms.



 

No comments: