Friday, July 23, 2010

Hand-Me-Downs

Growing up, I had (have) an older sister and older girl cousins.  We all lived around each other, so hand-me-downs were quite common.  I don't think I had a full wardrobe of my own until high school.  Tillman will be in the same fortune growing up, as he will be the youngest of 4 boys in my family and of 3 boys in Nick's family. 

My mother-in-law made a trip South this week, and she brought with her tubs and tubs of clothes for Tillman (all the way to toddler size).  Nick's sister generously gave us a lot of her two boys' clothes.  When "Mimi" made it in to town, we unloaded her van, and began to "plunder" through all the newborn clothes.  Little T already has more clothes than Nick and I combined! 

Nick's nephews (ages 8 and 6) also boxed up a tub of their toys for Tillman (Mimi says they call him "Baby Tillman").  They gave him some stuffed animals and some musical toys. 

Tillman also got an outdoor play set and a Pack N Play! 

Tillman's arrival is two months away, but if you were to come to our house, you certainly would know by the looks of our living room that a baby is on the way!

So, on this Fashion Friday think Hand-Me-Downs!!!

2 comments:

Kegan said...

So true, so true. Lance is in the same boat. He will have a lot of his big brother's clothes and Colin's also. God Bless older cousin's. It is so much cheaper on the pocketbook. Keep them coming is all I can say...lol...

Julie said...

That is awesome!! Lucky Tillman!