Monday, May 3, 2010

Funnies from Friday

Friday was a very fun and exciting day!  We got to finally see our little guy, Tillman, and start planning for his arrival.  Most of Friday was spent at the doctor's office (1-3:30), texting while at stop lights to tell our news, rushing home to get on the computer to update everyone (no I don't have a blackberry or iPhone...grounds for divorce in my house), and then heading to my home town for the weekend to visit the folks and to go to homecoming at my church.

Funny Ultrasound Moments:
Not two minutes into the ultrasound Tillman has his fingers showing #1 (pointer finger up).  We know we have trouble on our hands if he already knows he is #1.  It was really cute to see him make little movements and gestures.

I seem to have a problem with ALWAYS having a FULL bladder when I get on the table (even when I just go to the bathroom).  You could really see my badder on the ultrasound.  WOW, it was FULL!!

I wanted to make sure Tillman was moving and make sure we could see everything.  Before the ultrasound, I purchased a Mountain Dew and SweetTarts!  It worked!!  He was extremely active.

Dr. Villers patients have only had boys lately.  The only girls her patients have had are the people who transfer care midway through pregnancy.  She told us up front if we wanted a girl, we aren't going to have any luck with her.  Well, we continue the tradition!

Here's a thing we heard:
For this comment keep in mind we have all boys in our family...very different from the previous generations (my brother was the only boy, my dad was the only boy with 6 sisters, my mom only had one brother, Nick's mom only had one brother, Nick was the only boy, etc...).
My mom: "well, it looks like we're going to have a football team!"  Tillman will be my parents' fourth grandson and Nick's parents' 3rd grandson.  My sister is due 10 days before me, so we thought for sure one of us would have a girl.

Below is an email Nick received while we were at the doctor's office, but since I don't have a "smart" phone, I couldn't update until 4PM on Facebook.  Warning to all Mrs. Pregnants in the Lowcountry who don't have a "smart" phone--don't tell your friends your appointment time.  They want to know the news 15 minutes after the appointment. 

Date: Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 3:37 PM
Subject: Message for Meredith

Please tell her she has practically incited a Facebook riot by not posting an update.

Below, is a copy and paste from Facebook
Allie › Meredith: the suspense is killing me..... do we have a Tillman or a Caroline!?!

Jennifer
Me too, Allie!

Heather
Me three!

Catherine
I have to stop checking her page, it's really too much. Haha - I just want to know! Meredith, do you not have an iPhone? Get the info up! :)

Jennifer
You're not alone...I keep checking too! Can't get work done for wanting to know... I know Nick has a Blackberry, but if I remember right, Meredith isn't that high tech yet! So...NICK I KNOW YOU"RE NOT ON FACEBOOK, BUT UPDATE YOUR LOVELY WIFE'S FACEBOOK STATUS. There, maybe he heard it!

No comments: