Tuesday, May 25, 2010

He weighs as much as a mango!

Here's what babycenter.com had to say about Tillman's growth on his 23rd week. "Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With his sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that he's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing his for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze him when he hears them outside the womb."

As for me, I feel pretty good!  (random thoughts below)
I do notice that my hands are getting puffy.  I took off my wedding rings the other day, and I had to tug at them.  They left a mark on my finger, which is unusual because these rings before I was always trying to keep them on/secure to my finger.

I don't have any real cravings here lately, and I find that I get full quickly (at sit down meals).  I guess there is something to them telling us pregnant ladies to eat smaller meals through the day. 

My paranoia right now is being around the "sniffing sneezing" type.  I really don't want to get sick.  So far, I have fended off the germs and haven't caught anything.  I'd really like to keep it that way!

Sleeping is also going pretty well.  I've been sleeping with a million pillows (Nick just loves all the extra company consuming the bed).  One of those million is a body pillow!  It has been great to put between my legs and "anchor" me on my left slide. Before, I was a stomach sleeper, so this has been an adjustment!  I do find that my legs go numb at night after being in the same position for a while.  Usually my sleep is interrupted once or twice a night for a potty break.  Our poor dog, Graham, got trampled the other night.  He never sleeps on my side of the bed, but he was right there when I got out of the bed. Lucky for him (and me) I didn't go tumbling down and caught myself from the fall.

Another funny thing is most people ask me about is wearing heels....it just hasn't bothered me yet.  I don't feel off balance, and they don't hurt my feet (yet). I'm going to wear them until I just can't anymore!  I'm 5' 2", so I need the additional support in the height department!

Here's me!


3 comments:

Kegan said...

You are starting to show. I had my glucose test done this morning. Gross!!! But Lance's heart beat is at 150 and I am measuring right on time. After me appointment on the 23rd of June. I will start every 2 weeks. It is coming fast!! Yikes!!!

Meredith said...

How did your glucose test go? I have mine on Thursday morning.

Kegan said...

It went fine. You have 5 minutes to drink this orange or fruit punch flavor that is 10 oz. Then wait an hour then have my blood drawn and they will let me know of the result next week.