Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Week 20...Halfway there!!

At 5 months pregnant, it hardly feels like we are halfway there (shouldn't we be a little over halfway).  No one told me that you're technically pregnant for 10 months.  What is the 9 months stuff all about?  When I do hit month 10, I am going to tell people I am 10 months pregnant. I'm sure I'll get a reaction or two!

I am feeling pretty good.  Still pretty tired, and lately I have been more hungry.  I hear I should gain a pound a week from here on out (yippee!). 

Here's what I am looking like at week 20.  In this pictures and for pictures to come, I'll be sporting my friend, Jennifer's, clothes.  I got a box in the mail and another box over the weekend of maternity clothes.  This has been a huge help and savings!!  I feel like I have a whole new wardrobe!



Here's what Tillman looks like....well at least his length.

Here's what Babycenter.com had to say about week 20:
"Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)

He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery)."

3 comments:

Mary-Margaret said...

Okay, I can see the bump now! You look cute (and now you do look pregnant)!

Jennifer H. said...

You look great! So glad I got to see you, Nick and Tillman this weekend.

So glad you can use the clothes. Rachel is having her baby today (maybe even as I type!) so I should be able to give you the rest of my hand-me-downs soon!

Matt and Erin said...

You look great! Hooray for making it half-way!