Thursday, May 6, 2010

Tillman's Mom's Quest to Find the BEST Boy Diaper!

For those that know me, you know that I like to shop for a good deal and rarely purchase something not on sale.  Ever since I used to watch Supermarket Sweep in middle school (remember that show...wow, what a throw back to the early 90's), I have know that diapers and formula are SUPER expensive.  These are the top items the contestants would run to get to make sure they had the highest total of groceries to win the game! 

I have emailed some of my friends and family that have boys about the best diaper.  Here is what they had to say! 

-Sis-in-law-"Huggies...I also tried Loves, but they leaked :( and if I remember correctly, Pampers was more expensive than Huggies." (Her boys-ages 8 and 6)

-Sis-in-law-"I used LUVS. They worked and are cheaper. I would not stock up on small sizes. I’d start with 1’s and 2’s. Everybody will buy newborns and some 1’s for you. "C" leaked thru Huggies but other boys have done fine.
My experiences were so long ago. I’d say you go through a reg. size pack in a week." (Her boy-age 7)
 
OK...at this point I'm 0 for 2.
 
-Sister-"I enjoy the Pampers Cruiser's, but for infants I used the Swaddler's by Pampers. Swaddlers are in the yellow package. "L" did not skip any sizes. I tried the Wal-Mart brand and I did not like them. They ended up leaking and so did the Target brand. I never tried Huggies diapers, so I am not sure how they work." (Her boy-age 3 and one on the way)
 
No consensus yet....
 
-Cousin-""S" was a New Born I LOVED the Pampers Sensitive, I was sad when he grew out of them. They are the ones that the hospital used, they are ultra sensitive and the strip on the front turns colors when wet. The Swaddlers are good too. After about size 2, You will need to test out Pampers vs. Huggies. My fav is Huggies Naturals they are so super soft. Huggies are best if the child is allergic to scents. Pampers and Luvs have a scent (which I love), but Huggies fit the best. Overall I say Sensitive until size 3 and Huggies (any type) after. I was advised to use a size larger and the higher end (Pampers, Huggies) ones at night to avoid leaks. During the day they don't leak usually.
I'd by 3 size 1 and 3 size 2 and them you can just buy 5-8 size 3 and as many size 4 and 5 you would like. Size 1 and 2 are newborn usually and then he will slow down and not change sizes so quickly. Just remeber they will always let you exchange for another size, so stock up to your hearts desire. I collected a ton and only exchange like two packages of size one." (GREAT TIP!) (Her boy-age 2)
 
-Friend-"I liked the Huggies newborn. The Pampers Swaddlers are also a good to use. You want to look for the one that has the umbilical grove in the diaper. Remember, in the beginning, Tillman is going to grow so don’t stock up too much on the newborn. "E" transitioned pretty quickly to stage 1." (Her boy-age 1)
 
So, it sounds like its Pampers vs. Huggies.  There seems to be an overwhelming consensus on the Pampers Swaddlers, so I think I'll start with those since those are the newborn ones. 

No comments: