Friday, May 7, 2010

The "Little Bro Look" is coming!

Nick will be the first to tell you that he doesn't go for the "bro look."  The "bro look" is the typical Charleston guy look with Rainbows, Croakies, madras (seersucker) shorts (too short and too fitted in his opinion), and normally a shirt from Luden's or a bright pink (or other bright color that Nick would NEVER wear)! 

(side note: This City Paper article references the look I am speaking of, and Nick is from Ohio; so it is fitting to reference. However, if you choose to read, don't think I am referencing the entire content of this ridiculous long article.  Caution to my Mother-in-law and Ohioan: the article is about Go Back To Ohio!! ;-))

I tell you all of this to say that Nick won't ever wear the typical "bro look," but he has lightened up....well lightened up a lot when it comes to Tillman.  I'm a Southern girl, so I just can't pass up the "little bro look."

We love bow ties on little boys (ages 2+)!  Nick has the more practical thinking of it won't get as dirty as a tie.  I simply think they are so stinkin' cute!  Check out this pic below from LaRoque.  Tillman will have a few bow ties at this age, and he just might have some seersucker paints or shorts to go along with it too!


Another "little bro look" that Nick has really lightened up about is Jon Jon outfits!  My mom sews, and by Tillman being her fourth grandson, she will be very good at making the cute little Jon Jon outfits until Tillman is ready for the bow ties! 

This is my nephew, Logan!  My mom made his little Peter Rabbit Easter outfit! 


The "Little Bro Look" = Fashion Friday!!

7 comments:

Kegan said...

I think the first picture is precious.....I would love to get Logan something like that so he can wear it to go out to eat or out on the "town". Thanks for making Logan famous.....lol...

Jennifer H. said...

I'm laughing so hard b/c I realized that my husband totally wears the Bro look ALL THE TIME! Tillman is going to be adorable in the little bro look. No Southern boy should be deprived of a mini Matlock suit (aka seersucker)!

Meredith said...

It is all my friends husbands' and boyfriends' attire. As far as Nick with go is Rainbows. He purchased his first pair while on vacation here (another reference to the City Paper Article) when he lived in Chicago.

Judy@grammyreads.com said...

What's your mom's favorite jon-jon pattern? I am looking for one!

amanda said...

OMG so cute!!! The tiny bow tie!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to buy my children those teeny tiny crocs. I know some people think crocs look dumb, but the childrens' ones are just so cute and small!!!!!! Haha!

Meredith said...

I think Crocs are too cute and easy to put on kids too! Can't wait for him to have a pair or two of these. One bad thing is he can't wear them to daycare for some reason???

Meredith said...

Judy, Mom likes the Martha Pullen's jon-jon pattern.