Thursday, March 18, 2010

13 Weeks....189 days to go!

“Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sautee it. There's, um, shrimp kebabs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried. There's pineapple shrimp and lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich... That's, that's about it.” (What movie is this from???)

According to BabyCenter.com, our baby at 13 weeks is about the size of a medium shrimp (at 11 weeks, it was the size of a fig and at 12 weeks, a lime).  A lime at 12 weeks seems bigger than a medium shrimp 13 weeks.  I can assure you that this baby is not shrinking in size!  This is the first week I am starting to show a "bump."  My husband and I can tell, but everyone else says they can't tell. 

Check me out here...see for yourself:


I am still wearing my regular clothes, and think I have a few more weeks to wear my regular paints (tops, I feel, will last me longer). 

Here is what else BabyCenter.com said about week 13!
"Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips (I was surprised about this one), her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head -- which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce. As you start your second trimester, most of your baby's critical development will be completed and your odds of miscarriage drop considerably."

I joined BabyCenter.com after tons of girlfriends recommend the site and weekly emails. 

7 comments:

Kegan said...

I can see the bump. Wait until you hit 14 to the 15th. You will really start showing. I just started wearing maternity pants and shirts. People say you show faster with your second. I think it is true. But you are looking good. Hope you have your Easter outfit. We got mine at Dillards and did not have to go to the maternity shop for the dress. Just got a bigger size. I just hope it will be warm enough to wear it. We will see. Love you and talk with you later.

Matt and Erin said...

You look so cute! How are you feeling?
-Erin :)

Meredith said...

Erin, I am so glad we found one another's blogs. It will be fun to stay in touch. I have been feeling great until about 5 minutes ago (literally)! The only time I have gotten sick (I hope this is not a trend). Man, that was the pits!
How are you?

Anonymous said...

You are looking a bit thicker these days Meredith; but you have a glow about you. Thanks for sharing your pregnancy with us. It is so very exciting to get to be a part of this. It will be even better when JS has to buy me lunch cause I win the bet!
Debbie Browning

Meredith said...

Ha Ha! Debbie, I am glad you are reading! I go to the Dr. Villers on Monday! I hope she will take a look to see if she can tell the sex! I can't wait to find out!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.