Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It ain't easy being queasy!

Confession-I stole this title from The Women's Speak Blog.  This blog has a lot of great women topics, so if you have a question, instead of "googling," try this source first (I did, and it worked)!

I am still struggling with this "Afternoon Sickness" (my equivalent to morning sickness).  A girl friend at work sent me to Dr. Jill Mauldin's (a follower of this blog, I may add!) post "It ain't easy being queasy!"

Here are some helpful hints I tried after reading, and it worked!
-Avoid fried!  I've been sick 3 times, and two of them was after (one during) eating fried foods.  I am now going to steer clear of anything fried. 

-Do not lie down for at least 2 hours after eating! After reading this, I thought, she is nuts, and thought to myself "who is going to do that?" Well, let me tell you...after 3 times in a row of getting sick in less than an hour yesterday, I thought I would try this trick to keep down some headache meds.  It worked!!!
The other common thread when I get sick is I get an awful headache.  Keeping down meds was my main motivation yesterday, and this helpful hint got me through it.

-Carbonated clear sodas are a good option!  This is what I used to take my headache meds.  I think a combo of sitting up and drinking some carbonated soda made me get over the "queasy" feeling!

1 comment:

Kegan said...

O Mere, I am sorry to hear that you are getting sick now...Bummer....I would take anyone advice that you can get about getting rid of the afternoon sickness. Mine has been in the afternoon and not in the morning. My headaches have eased a little. But I feel your pain. Hopefully the pollen will not give you a fit. I would start on something now instead of waiting. Get it before it gets you. Take care and see you next weekend......