Tuesday, March 16, 2010

WHAT...I'm 9 Weeks Pregnant?

On February 18, 2010, I found out that I was pregnant.  This news was certainly unexpected, and at the time of hearing Dr. Viller's Tech, Tammy, say "the test is positive," and then she showed me this stick with two lines on it.

I immediately came back and said "what does that mean?"  Tammy said "you're pregnant!!"

At first, I didn't know whether to "jump for joy" or cry.  I am not one for surprises (I'm a planner and preparer), and this certainly was a HUGE surprise AND UNplanned.

So, the doctor's orders of putting me on Progesterone to "jump start" a cycle after coming off of birth control was now null and void!  Dr. Viller's tore up the prescription for Progesterone and wrote me up a lab sheet to get lots of blood work done.

After leaving my appointment, I was still just stunned about the news.  All the thoughts of "am I prepared to be a parent," "crap, I'm not on prenatal vitamins," "when did this happen," "how far along am I," "oh my, the glass (bottle) of wine I had last week...the Excedrine, the Sushi, etc." were all going through my head. 

I immediately called my husband on my way back to work to tell him the news.  I think I said "apparently, I'm pregnant!"  He wasn't as shocked.  I think he said something like "well that would explain a lot!" 

We decided not to tell anyone until I got the blood result back (just to make sure the test wasn't a false positive). 

Dr. Villers was great, and emailed me that night to tell me "You are pregnant!! Your pregnancy levels are high enough that we should be able to see a baby on ultrasound. I’m thinking you are at least 6 to 7 weeks pregnant. I'm in the office tomorrow afternoon. Do you want to come over for an u/s?"
Of course, I instantly replied asking to come in.  We had our first ultrasound on February 19, 2010, and we were actually 9 weeks and 3 days along.

*The picture above is a picture of a picture. The u/s photo are from an in-office machine.

No comments: