Friday, March 19, 2010

Pregger Pickles


When I saw Zaxby's advertising these, I wondered if these were made for us, pregnant ladies.  Personally, I love Zaxby's, but will not be trying these.  The thought of these make me feel ill, but according to the stereotypical craving of pickles and ice cream, I am sure there are some out there rushing to the nearest Zaxby's drive thru (through...grammar).

According to About.com, 68% of women experience cravings at some point in their pregnancy.  Personally, I haven't craved anything that I didn't want before (candy, chocolate, anything sugar, etc).  Before knowing I was pregnant, I would certainly restrict myself from giving into these cravings (the fear of getting fat), but I must say, I have given into some of those cravings lately!

More so than craving things, I have certainly found that there are some foods I used to LOVE, but now I don't want to be around.  One of those is pasta sauces.  The thought of lasagna, spaghetti or any red sauces make me cringe!  Pasta dishes are a staple in our home, but my husband has been eating those on his own lately.  I even don't like to sit near him when he is eating it. (weird!)

Meat, at times, I have the same feeling.  I was never a huge meat eater before, but now, I have a strong aversion towards it.

What are/were your cravings or food aversions?

And for those who know me from Soirées & Shenanigans, you know I wouldn't end this post without a coupon!  Here is a link to sign up to receive a FREE meal from Zaxby's.  I have done this, and it works!

4 comments:

Mary-Margaret said...

I love pickles, but I tried one of these Zaxby's pickles from a girl that worked with me, and they aren't that great. But, if you do start craving pickles, the fried pickles (dill pickle strips) at Boulevard Diner are really good!

TeeTee Lynn said...

Glad you found my blog! :) I started it about a year ago, but I've definitely picked up the posts since I got pregnant. Let's see...I haven't really craved anything at all, although I will never turn down the chance for a Chick-fil-a ice dream cone. I liked them before I got pregnant, but I'm not sure any other sweet thing tastes as delicious now. As for aversions, I have not been able to look at, eat, or smell apples since I got pregnant. I'm not gagging any more like I did during the first 14 weeks, but I definitely still have not had any desire to eat one. :) Hope you are feeling good!

Kegan said...

Well, you sister can not eat red meat....I could with Logan but not with this one. I can not stand the smell of Fish here at work when someone is cooking or bringing it in from the outside to eat in the break room behind me. I can eat fish without an issue. The smell after food is fried makes me cringe. I have started to go out and get me something to eat and eat it in my car to prevent from smelling all the different smells in the building. This pregnancy seems to be worse with smells and stuff than the first one for me. They say all pregnancies are different and they certainly are. Enjoy your weekend and getting outside....love you Kegan

Meredith said...

Kegan...I am with you on other people's food is stinky! It never bothered me before, but now, I feel your pain.

TeeTee Lynn, OOOO...I love me a Chick-fil-a ice dream cone too! Especially with the sunny weather coming this weekend! BUT apples, that is different! I wonder if you will be able to eat them after pregnancy or will that feeling stay with you. You'll have to keep us updated!

M-M if you say the Boulevard Diner fried pickles are good, than I might just have to try those. I have never gotten anything there that was bad!!