Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Circes from Mimi

On Friday, we got a big box in the mail from "Mimi," my husband's mom (that's her grandma name).  It was a pretty day on Friday, so we took the package outside to open it and enjoy the nice weather.

Graham was right in on the action; he was trying to figure out which one was his!


We got two cute mugs.  Mine said "New Mommy to blessed to be stressed," and Nick's said "New Daddy get ready to have your world rattled."  We also got some rubber duckies (which Graham was VERY fond of and thought were his), Peeps, and my favorite, the "Baby to Bee" photo frame!

We put our week 12 Ultrasound picture in it and placed it on the buffet right by our front door!  I had never seen one of these frames before, but absolutely love it!  Mimi got it at Hallmark just in case you know a mommy or daddy to "bee!"


Reader footnote: I've had some questions about the word Circe.  "Circe" (pronounced 'Sir See')-this is a French or Scottish word for small gift (mainly used in the South). I have also seen it spelled sercy, circi, surcy, & searcy (mainly a spoken word).
Read this link (mid way down the page) regarding the word Circe (my choosen spelling) and its possible history.

1 comment:

Kegan said...

Very cute.....It is amazing the things people find in othere states. I will have to look for that frame at Hallmark. That would be good to give as a baby gift. Like to mugs also. Enjoy your Peeps!!!! I am sure you will be getting more on Easter.