Wednesday, April 7, 2010

16 Weeks-baby bump, baby bump, where are you?

Here's me at 16 weeks in my Easter dress. The dress isn't materinty, but I think I can wear it for a large part of the pregnancy. It's an Ann Taylor Loft dress. I found it on clearance back in February for $20 (what a deal)!


Hands or no hands, I don't think you can see the baby bump all that much in the picture, but it is there (ask my pants).  In person you can tell (kind of).  As one person told me to my face, "if I didn't know you were pregnant, I would just think, wow, Meredith has gained some weight!"  Got to love those comments.  I know there was nothing meant by it, but when you already feel fat, you just don't want to hear that!


Here is what babycenter.com had to say about week 16.
"Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length . Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails." 

Just in case I needed a reality check about being pregnant without the cute baby bump...I just got one (literally)!  There is nothing like starting out your day with vomit in your hair!  I'm going to love smelling that all day.  I tried to wash 1/2 my hair in the bathroom sink (at work...no less), but yuck! The joys of pregnancy!  So at least I will "smell" pregnant even without that cute baby bump!

6 comments:

Julie said...

You look great!! Keep growing that healthy baby that God is making for you! Baby avocado! :) I'm so anxious to know the gender.. you say "him" a lot.. are you feeling like it's a boy?

Meredith said...

Thanks MM! I can't wait for you to have a little one. I am going to have to get on to MB! JK. You are going to be cute for sure!

Meredith said...

Julie, I'm responding to your comment
"You look great!! Keep growing that healthy baby that God is making for you! Baby avocado! :) I'm so anxious to know the gender.. you say "him" a lot.. are you feeling like it's a boy? "

Blogger emailed me your comment, but it isn't showing. Babycenter.com calls it him one week and her the next. I guess I think it is a boy since that is all we have in our family, but I certainly won't be dissapointed if we have a girl!!!

Jennifer H. said...

When I saw you on Sunday I thought you looked fantastic! Of course, I know how healthy you are so I didn't expect anything less! However, since you will be needing them soon a box of maternity clothes is on its way to you...enjoy!

Meredith said...

Jennifer, thank you for sending the box of clothes! I can't wait to have some more pant options! I enjoyed holding your little one to get a little practice in before I'm doing it full-time!

The Blanton's said...

You look awesome! Don't worry, it.....yes, I'm pregnant and I look THIS good! :)