Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tight Tummy!

Yesterday, I just could not get full.  By lunch time, I had eaten everything I had brought for the day!  Since I had a late light meeting, I knew I had to get something extra to eat, so I opted for soup and a biscuit.  After eating that, I had a sever case of "Tight Tummy" (as I call it). 

Man, I have heard of women talking about their baby growing (thus stretching their belly and skin), and they say their skin feels like it is going to rip.  I wasn't sure how that was going to feel.  Yesterday, I think I got a taste. 

My tummy felt extremely hard and my skin was super tight.  The worst position for me was to sit down.  Standing or laying down (positions to stretch out the tummy and give it some room) felt the most comfortable.

Of course, being me, I analysed the situation (to death).  I wonder if I misunderstood the "desire" for "hunger pains." I have been drinking water regularly, so I am just unsure if food was really what I needed. 
OR, was I hungry, but it is coming that time where my stomach is cramped and has less room, and I can't eat as much.  If that is the case, then should I eat smaller but more calorie dense foods? 

My menu yesterday
-Two Eggos (Breakfast, 6:30 AM)
-Snack Bag of Rice Cakes (7:30AM)
-Banana (9:00 AM)
-Banana (11:30 AM)
-Cup of Soup and Biscuit (12:30 PM)
*TIGHT TUMMY SET IN!*
-Pork Chop, Mac & Cheese (Dinner, 7:30 PM)
*TIGHT TUMMY STILL HERE, but HUNGRY!*
-I might have had 1 2 3 4 powdered donuts for an evening snack (I  know what you are thinking....give me a break people!)

7 comments:

Mary-Margaret said...

As someone who has never been pregnant, I love hearing about all of this, because I know that I will be the same way. I appreciate you sharing all of your worries, because I know I will certainly be a worrier. My sister will probably be glad I am sharing this...When she was pregnant, she had snacks stashed under her desk. She went through a period when she ate a lot of fruit cups.

Jennifer H. said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. You're baby probably just needed a little extra yesterday!

I can't wait to hear the news on Friday!!!! Fingers crossed the baby isn't too shy!!!!

Kegan said...

Well, at least you are eating that is a good thing. First thing, I understand the tight tummy and the cramping and laying down is the only thing that take the tightness away. I would shoot for more calorie dense food and it should keep you full longer than what you have in the morning. Try peanut butter on your rice cakes unless they are already flavored. Peanut Butter will give you the protein that you need. Do not get me wrong I do get to the point where I am not full at all. I think two weeks I went through 2 boxes of granola bars that between work and home. Do what your body is telling you to do. Do not worry about the powered doughnuts the baby more than likely enjoy something sweet...Hang in there......Friday is only 2 1/2 days away.....

Meredith said...

I think you guys are right. The baby just needed some extra room and I really WAS hungry! I feel like I have ate more today, but that feeling has reoccured. As you will find out tomorrow, the baby is as big as a tomatto this week!!

Julie said...

Maybe you should have washed it all down with an icee. ;) Keep lil one happy and feed it what it wants. :)

Unknown said...

LexMom said eat healthy snacks throughout the day--fruit is always good and lots of your favorites will be coming in season; nuts, especially almonds; and of course those fresh raw vegetables. They are not only good for you but for the baby!

Meredith said...

MOM! Thanks for commenting!!!