Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Blue Water Slushy = My Slurpee = My CRAVING

There is nothing like a gas station slushy!  I have been pulling into a gas station about once a week to get a Blue Water Slushy (I don't know if these are blue water drinks or if the gas station is called Blue Water, but that is what the cup says).  I grew up on going to Kmart and getting an Icee for being good, so I am no stranger to these awesome, turn your whole mouth red, brain-freezing drinks.

I seem to have a craving for these lately.  I really crave sweets and cold items.  Drinking ice water during the day gets me through work, but on the ride home, I "need" a slushy!  It feels like a treat since I have cut out soda (except when going out to dinner), and since we really don't have a working ice maker at our house (another story).

On Friday, we were at a friend's house.  On our way to get in the car, I told Nick to take me by Sonic to get a slushy.  When we turned on the car, it was 10:30, so I thought it was ok (not really) to just go on home.  When we got home, I drank some sweet tea.  I guess that hit the spot (not really), but I still "needed" a slushy.  Well, the story doesn't continue to tell you that we jumped back in the car to hit up the local gas station.  We just went to bed.
However, I thought about wanting a slushy all weekend long, and then yesterday (when I was by myself) I wheeled into the gas station at the corner of Folly and Hwy 17 to get a SLUSHY!  Let me tell you, I didn't just get the small; I opted for the EXTRA LARGE!
The very nice cashier and I are two more stops away from being on a first name basis.  The first time I went there, I filled the cup up way too much causing a huge mess on the machine (I cleaned it up...). The second trip, she had a difficult lottery customer a head of me, and she used me as a vent source.  Then this time, I thought I cleaned up my mess, but my cup was a mess when I sat it on the counter.  She kindly wiped it all up for me (I felt like a two year old) and told me that if I got this on my clothes, it wasn't coming out!  Next time, we are going to trade phone numbers and ask about due dates (She's a Mrs. Pregnant too).

So, I tell you all of this to let you know that the cravings are silly and make you feel crazy.  I think this drink has a ridiculous  amount of sugar in it.  I'm going to ask Dr. Villers if I can sub a Slurpee for my 28 week glucose test instead of drinking that yucky (I hear) orange drink! 
I know this is a while a way, but I've marked my calendar for this already! 
July 11th - Get a FREE Slurpee at 7 Eleven on Slurpee Day 2010

3 comments:

Kegan said...

Just remember that Sonic in Lexington is open late (like 12:00) so you would have been good to go and get one. But I could not promise if you would not be awake all night going to the bathroom after drinking the slushy....The glucose test is not as bad as what everyone makes it out to be. If you like Orange Crush you will be fine. Mine is on the 25th of May. Some people say it is gross but I did not mind it at all. My test is actually on 24 weeks instead of 28 weeks. Doctor's do it different. Well enjoy your day!

Meredith said...

I don't need any more tempations! The drive home is enough!
I think my glucose is at 28...I have no idea. This is my first time at all of this.
I hope it taste fine, but it sure would be nice to have a Slurpee instead!

Kegan said...

Yeah a slurpee would be good. The fasting part is to hard part....My sure it is early in the morning....