Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pregnancy Brain

It has already been one of those days. I forgot my lunch (dang it). I know exactly where it is...on the table, at home, packed and ready.

Since being pregnant, I feel forgetful about a lot of things. These things range from completely burning our supper on the stove to not remembering things I am about to say (don't worry; I won't forget to eat lunch!).

When I am around "moms," they say "just wait, this is only going to get worse." Many women complain about pregnancy brain, but there is little research out there to say if it is really a such thing (those researchers better watch out, us pregnant ladies are going to get them)!

Research suggests that women have a lot on their minds when pregnant and are generally tired, which in any circumstance effects memory.

I've had to begin writing down to-do-list and schedule appointments just to remind me to pay a bill. I'm sure this is only preparing me for when the little one comes. I probably will have sleep deprivation for the next 30 years!

If you are interested in this topic further, here are a few articles:
WebMD
Babycenter

3 comments:

Kegan said...

Don't fret about it. I forgot my cell phone this morning. It is true it only get worse.

Matt and Erin said...

Good grief, I'm also suffering from pregnancy brain! It bugs me that I am forgetting random things all the time!

Meredith said...

I am glad to hear from two pregnant ladies on this. At least we are not alone!