Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mommy Necklace


For my birthday, Nick got me a Pandora necklace.  I've seen the bracelets, but not the necklaces before.  He went to great lengths to get this necklace.  To hear him tell the story, I really feel bad!

He and my mom talked about what I would like.  He wanted to get me something related to our child.  My mom full warned him that I HATE those necklaces with the stick people (similar to the stickers you see here on everyone's car...UGH...click here).
After much discussion he decided on the Pandora necklace.  On March 31st (my birthday is April 1st), he was running late and had to swing by the Pandora store in Charleston Place.  He was in between jobs, so he had this little HUGE thing attached to his truck...a trailer (this thing is so big The Town of Seabrook Island uses it in the 4th of July parade).  He was searching for a parking place downtown with a trailer, so he had to find two spaced back to back that he could pull into!  He ended up on Broad Street (1/2 mile away from Charleston Place).  He "booked" it to Pandora after parking.

Once at Pandora, he worked with the sales lady to put together a September combination!  Since Blue Sapphire is the birthstone of September, he went with a deep blue bead and two spacer beads on the side!

I thought he did really well with the necklace.  I call this my "mommy necklace!"  I hope to add a few beads in the future if we are fortunate enough to have one or two more children!

7 comments:

Rachel Price said...

How awesome and creative!!

Julie said...

Way to go Nick! Love it!

Blue Bird Tales said...

Nick, what a great guy, now he just needs to buy the rings and bracelets too! Mother's day is around the corner. My mom loves that store. So excited that baby Strehle will be a virgo like me :)

Kegan said...

He did a great job! I am glad I have not gone to get you one of the other necklaces that you do not like. I got one for mom and Bryan's mom for Mother's Day a few years back. It looks like I need to go and get a few more to add to there necklaces.

Jennifer H. said...

That is soooo thoughtful. Way to go Nick!

Meredith said...

That 'ol Nick is pretty good! I think I'll keep him around! ;-)

Tommy, Erica, Addie Kate, and Andrew said...

Good job Nick! Mom gave Susan and me one for Christmas (and herself). My bracelet is about 2 charms away from being full, so I guess it was time to move on to the necklace! My bracelet is my mommy thing, so maybe I'll make my necklace all about me - ha!